Friday, May 22, 2009

#12. People and Music


If you've read any of my other blogs, you've probably noticed I have a big love for music; so for the next few post, I want to share some of the things that annoy me most about people and music. This one is going to be dedicated to the one that annoys me the most. I am of course talking about people that tell me they love a band's music, when in fact, they only know one of their songs. As always, let me run you through a brief demo conversation.

Alex-"Hey Mike, what are you listening to?"

Me-"Oh just some Lifehouse."

Alex-"Oh man! I love Lifehouse!"

Me-"Really? What's your favorite song?"

Alex-"Probably First Time, I love that song."

Me-"Yeah, that's a pretty good one, what other ones do you like?"

Alex-"Huh? They have other songs? I only know that one since they play it on the radio all the time."

I can't even count how many times this has happened to me. Just because the only song you know by a band is their single, doesn't mean you love them. Of course the single is usually considered to be the best, hence why it's the one they're playing on the radio. In my opinion, I think you should know at least three songs by a band before you can say that you like them; and they can't all be singles, at least one has to be one of their more obscure songs. So if you ever somehow meet me, or already know me, never again tell me you like The All American Rejects, just because you know the songs Move along and Gives You Hell.

No comments:

Post a Comment